The Kings have been aggressive in trying to improve their roster, having made two trades in the first two months of the season.

And they continue to be a part of trade speculation.

The Kings have been mentioned in several reports involving Denver’s Andre Miller, but league sources Wednesday night told The Bee the Kings had yet to make a formal offer for the 37-year-old point guard.

In Wednesday’s trade rumors, the Kings reportedly made separate offers to Denver:

• Marcus Thornton and a future second-round draft pick.

• Jimmer Fredette and a future second-round draft pick.

Miller is on the trading block after being suspended for two games by the Nuggets following a verbal altercation with coach Brian Shaw last week. Miller, who was upset after being benched for a Jan. 1 loss to Philadelphia – the first game in his career he missed while healthy – has been reinstated to the team but has not played since a loss to Miami on Dec. 30.

The Kings have talked with Denver about Miller’s availability but have not moved forward with making formal offers for him, sources said, adding no deal is imminent and the sides have not talked in a few days.

Still, the Kings wouldn’t shy away from adding Miller, who appears to have to played his last game with Denver. But a deal isn’t likely if it means Sacramento must give up draft picks.
The Kings’ 2016 second-round pick has already been dealt to Milwaukee in the trade that brought Luc Mbah a Moute to Sacramento last July. Their 2017 pick could end up with Chicago if the protections on their first-round pick from the J.J. Hickson trade with Cleveland in 2011 do not allow the Bulls to acquire Sacramento’s first-round selection. The Cavaliers sent the rights to Sacramento’s pick to Chicago in their trade for Luol Deng this week.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2014/01/08/6057625/despite-reports-kings-have-made.html#storylink=cpy