After losing his starting job five games into the 2013 season, Colorado quarterback Connor Wood won't be around to try and reclaim it in 2014.
Wood announced Friday evening that he will forgo his senior season of eligibility in Boulder and end his football career. The former transfer from Texas threw for 1,103 yards in his junior season, leading Colorado to a 2-0 start with a huge performance against rival Colorado State, but saw freshman Sefo Liufau start the final seven games of the Buffs' 4-8 campaign.

Per the Daily Camera, Wood met with Buffs coach Mike MacIntyre twice last week before reaching his decision. Wood will graduate this summer with a degree in business finance.

“Connor is a great young man and was a big part of our program,” MacIntyre said in a statement issued by the Buffs program. “He had a phenomenal game in our win over CSU in our season opener. He means a lot to our program and to our team, but he has decided to graduate and move on to other things in life.”

"I want to thank my family for sticking by me through the thick and thin ...” Wood said. “I want to thank (Texas) coach Mack Brown for giving me a scholarship and the opportunity for me to pursue my dream of playing college football.