A week after being awarded a $34 million contract, new Browns defensive lineman Desmond Bryant is being sued for trying to barge into a North Miami house a month ago, according to a report.

Isaac Bakar filed a lawsuit against Bryant on Monday, claiming his family was “terrified” as the 6-foot-6, 311-pound player attempted to force his way into the home, the Miami Herald reported. Bakar’s attorney said family members are receiving psychological counseling.

Police arrested the intoxicated Bryant for criminal mischief on Feb. 24, an incident perhaps best remembered for the lineman’s shirtless, tongue-exposed mug shot that went viral on the Internet.

The embarrassing episode did not prevent Bryant, who majored in psychology at Harvard, from receiving a five-year, $34 million contract from the Browns.

“I obviously made a mistake,” said Bryant at his introductory news conference in Berea last week. “I apologize for everything that happened, but I feel like I've learned from it and moved on.

“I think I've done enough over the years I've been in the league to exhibit that's really not the kind of person I am. I think in time I'll be able to show you guys and whoever else wants to know that's really not indicative of me. It was an accident. I've moved beyond that and hopefully everybody else will be able to.”