Swansea City chairman Huw Jenkins expects the record-breaking move for Vitesse Arnhem striker Wilfried Bony to be completed within the next 24 hours.
Jenkins told Sportsmail that the £12million deal, which could rise to £13.8m with add-ons, will ‘hopefully’ be completed by Monday.
It will bring to an end a six-month pursuit for the profilic 24-year-old, with the transfer more than doubling the record £5.55m fee Swansea paid for Pablo Hernandez last summer.

It will also answer resoundingly the questions manager Michael Laudrup put to Jenkins earlier in the summer regarding the club’s ambition in the transfer market.
The transfer will be Swansea’s sixth first-team signing of the summer after Jose Canas, Alejandro Pozuelo, Jordi Abat, Jonathan De Guzman and Jonjo Shelvey.
Swansea thought they had a reached an agreement with Vitesse last week after tabling an offer worth £10.2m, but that bid was knocked back. Bony’s representative, Francis Kacou, then went public with his anger after Vitesse delayed in responding to Swansea’s revised offer.
Kacou had said: ‘Why does it take so long? Six months ago, we made ​​arrangements for a lump sum of 12 million (euros), regardless of goals.