Eight days after his club fell to the Blues Chicago coach Joel Quenneville was still fuming Wednesday over a loss that came in the closing seconds.

“I’m over it now” Quenneville admitted Thursday morning as his Blackhawks were preparing to host the Blues. “It bothered me a bit … but you have to move on.”

The rematch was about moving on for the Blues as well. They were leaving the friendly confines of Scottrade Center venturing out for their first road game of the season. And they were looking to bounce back from a forgettable loss to San Jose Tuesday.

In a game that mirrored the last meeting up until the end the Blues put a hostile crowd of 21169 at United Center out of mind and put the Shark encounter behind them too winning 3-2 in a shootout over the Blackhawks.

In the Oct. 9 matchup the Blues took the lead twice and Chicago responded quickly both times. On Thursday the opposite happened with the Blackhawks opening an advantage twice and the Blues answering. But on this night with the game tied 2-2 in the waning moments there were no

heroics like last time from Alexander Steen who scored the game-winner with 21 seconds left.

This time the Blues needed a shootout goal from T.J. Oshie and three saves from goaltender Jaroslav Halak to pull out of the Windy City with a win. Oshie took a casual stroll down shootout lane before beating Blackhawks goalie Corey Crawford with a forehand-backhand-forehand deke.

“I can only do that on Playstation” Blues captain David Backes said. “Even then I can’t do it.”

Oshie was the Blues’ first shooter so even after his conversion the team still had to hope for Halak who had already stopped Chicago forward Patrick Kane to snuff out Jonathan Toews and Patrick Sharp.

“You’re only the first shooter so you don’t want to celebrate too hard” Oshie said. “But I was pretty excited when that one went in.”

Halak turned away the entire Blackhawks trio and the Blues had their third straight win over Chicago dating back to last season. They will be back in action tonight when they complete their first set of games on back-to-back nights traveling to Winnipeg for a 7 o’clock start at the MTS Centre.

“After the first 10 minutes we played really well” Blues coach Ken Hitchcock said. “We weathered the storm. We knew were going to weather a storm from what happened in the last game. But I thought after the first 10 minutes we played a really good hockey game.”

The Blues and Chicago were tied 2-2 entering the third period with the Blues’ two goals coming on deflections and the Blackhawks’ pair coming after a couple of costly turnovers.