The Houston Texans might have to get used to life without Andre Johnson.

The Pro Bowl wide receiver is on record saying that he doesn't plan to take part in voluntary OTAs when they begin next week. NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported on Wednesday's edition of "NFL Total Access" that Johnson is also unlikely to attend the mandatory minicamp.

Johnson wondered aloud to reporters last week if Houston was still the place for him after a 2-14 meltdown in 2013. A Texans source told Rapoport that Johnson, 32, expressed his concerns privately with the team before he made his thoughts public at a charity function.

Rapoport has been told conversations between Johnson and the team have been positive. Texans coach Bill O'Brien said as much when asked about Johnson's future last week.

Johnson's frustrations are not about the Texans' decision to not draft or sign a marquee quarterback. It is Rapoport's understanding that the frustrations are the product of a deeper concern about whether Johnson wants to be part of another rebuilding process in Houston.