Reuben Foster’s status was addressed Wednesday by 49ers general manager John Lynch, albeit with little reveal, for the first time since Foster’s pair of arrests this offseason, including a Feb. 11 incident in which he’s accused of domestic violence, making threats and possession of an assault weapon.

“With this, we’ve been a little quiet. And that’s for a reason. There’s places I can’t and won’t go,” Lynch said Wednesday at the NFL scouting combine.

The Santa Clara County District Attorney’s office has not announced whether it will file charges against Foster, and it has until March 13 to decide on those offenses which can be classified as misdemeanors or felonies.

“We’re actively following protocols with both law enforcement and the NFL,” Lynch added.

With Foster in legal limbo, the 49ers are making contingency plans in case the play-making linebacker is unavailable this season, perhaps if the NFL imposes discipline, such as a six-game suspension for domestic-violence cases.

“That would be something that we have to take into account, whether it be in free agency or not, whether it be re-signing our own guys or whether it be in the draft,” Lynch said.

Foster, a first-round draft pick last year and the 31st overall player selected, missed six games as a rookie because of ankle, rib and back injuries. Among the 49ers pending free agents is fellow starting linebacker Brock Coyle, who underwent shoulder surgery in January.