Might newly re-signed Montreal Canadiens defenceman P.K. Subban get a bit of a frosty reception when he joins up with the team in Ottawa tomorrow?

He might.

Several veterans offered measured responses to Subban's decision to end his contract holdout after four games - he signed a two-year, $5.75-million deal late Monday - when they offered any reaction at all.

After the Habs' morning skate defenceman Andrei Markov said he would only be taking question on the game pitting Montreal and the resurgent Winnipeg Jets at the Bell Centre on Tuesday (7:30 pm, RDS, TSN-Habs).

Fellow blueliner Josh Gorges, Subban's defence partner for most of last year, was similarly circumspect when asked what kind of welcome the 23-year-old may receive and whether he may need to make amends of sorts.

"That's a tough question, I've never been through this. I've never been on a team where someone has held out, and wasn't here for the start of camp . . . this is going to be a learning experience for me on how to handle it, how to deal with it, we're all going to do this together and we'll take it in stride, I guess," he said.