New York Giants' Jason Pierre-Paul partnered up with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission for a timely public service announcement about firework safety. The video was released this morning ahead of the July 4th long weekend. JPP - as is well documented, was involved in high profile accident last year and is hoping his story will prevent others from being harmed.
During the PSA, JPP tells CPSC chairman that he feels ‘blessed to be alive’ after he lost fingers off his right hand when a professional-grade firework exploded while he was still holding it. JPP’s advice is pretty damn good, ‘leave professional fireworks to the professionals.’
Great work by JPP and while the last 12 months of his life have basically been a PSA for firework safety - losing out on millions of dollars in free-agency, missing half the NFL season, and the lawsuit/headache with Adam Schefter posting his medical records.
It has been an awful year for former first round pick. Hopefully his mishap will inspire people to be a little more cautious around fireworks. Kudos to JPP for putting himself out there like this and telling his story.
Previous New York Giants Content On RedZone